Sunday 11 June 2017

Patch and Puss shaker card

Hello lovely peeps, I hope you are having a great weekend.


The lovely Evelin was our hostess for the evening at cardmaking club on Thursday and we made shaker cards.

I had printed several papers from the Perfect Pair collection by Nitwit onto 250gsm card stock so I used a scalloped circle die to cut an aperture in one of them. I taped a square of acetate behind this and then stamped on one of the Tiny Phrases greetings by Woodware with Black Memento ink.

Next I layered up a 7x7" card with a couple more of the Nitwit papers and cut flowers from a third design to use as embellishments.

The image behind is from one of the retired Lili of the Valley Art Pads called Jack, Patch & Puss. After putting a double layer of foam tape all the way around the image I added sequins from my stash and some pink Stix2 beads into the 'well' before placing the acetate frame over the top.


I started on a second card after our cake interval (chocolate, yummy) but I didn't get to finish it so I'll show you that one later in the week after it's completed.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 Crafty Awesomeness Anything goes opt shaker
Little Red Wagon #397 Move It
A Gem of a Challenge #16 Wedding or Anniversary
Crafty Animals  #3 Anything Goes
Sparkles Forum Challenges # 92 Four or more legs (animals)

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

6 comments:

Glennis F said...

This is very pretty

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute love these boys

Brenda said...

Katrina, this is so pretty. I love the colors and sweet image and who doesn't love a shaker card? Thanks so much for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon Challenge!

Fikreta said...

so very pretty card!

Lisa J said...

Super Cute Card. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight. Lisa DT A Gem of A Challenge

Crafty Pearly said...

Love this. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Animals. Hugs Traci DT xx