Thursday 15 June 2017

Spring Walks

Hello lovely peeps


Some exciting news today - I am appearing as a Guest Designer at All Dressed Up. Woo hoo!
I love working with Wendy's images, they are great to colour. The sketchy style is right up my street and the older girl stamps in particular are very elegant. Of course I love all of the cute images too :o)


All Dressed Up very kindly sent me Spring Walks to play with. I printed it at 60% size onto Hunkydory 'Colour Me' card and coloured it with Promarkers and Flexmarkers
Grass: Pear Green, Lime Zest, Aniseed
Jeans: Duck Egg, Cool Aqua
Top/Flowers: 2140, Amber, Saffron
Skin: Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush
Hair: Cocoa, Cinnamon, Tan
Dogs: as per hair, plus Putty, Almond 

I went around the edge of my card with my stab and stitch tool then joined up the dots with the fine end of a Tan Spectrum Aqua marker

The background paper is by BoBunny and the flowers were cut using Sheena's Honesty Die in white card and coloured with Promarkers.  The sentiment is from the Fancy Sayings stamp set from Clearly Besotted, stamped in Espresso Adirondack Ink.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Passion For Promarkers Challenge #399 add a sentiment
Little Red Wagon #398 Dogs or Cats
Sheepski Designs #3 Girlz Rule
Let's Craft & Create Challenge #126 Girls, girls, girls
Mod Squad Challenge - make it square
Dream Valley Challenges # 158 Square cards only
 Creative Inspirations #277 Our furry/feathered friends 
Glitter n Sparkle #243 Bright Colours

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

17 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot Katrina! Your card is fantastic! Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured, with a great paper choice to match! Your little flowers add depth and character to the card too. Love it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for ProMarkers! Linda

Cobnut Crafter said...

I love the way you have used this colour palette for such a great effect. I must try the colour me card - I have had my eye on it for a while and now you have convinced me! A really pretty card. x

Anne said...

Very pretty card Kat, these images seem very popular at the moment as I go round the blogs and there are some lovely ones. Enjoy your time as Guest DT I'll look forward to seeing more from you
Anne x

Rene said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Barbara said...

Congratulations on the guest designer for All Dressed Up. I love that simple and sketchy image too. Her two little companions look great with her on the design paper and your square card. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge. I hope to see you again.
Barbara Challenge Host

Carole Pollard said...

Well done on your GDT so deserved. This is a fabulous card its all so pretty Love and hugs Carole x

Jean said...

Oh wow this is stunning, loving your layout and colouring.
Thanks for joining us over at Glitter 'N' Sparkle.
Jean xxx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Play Sketches, good luck!!! Amy DT

Andrea W said...

Such a sweet design! Your colouring is lovely and I really like the image.

Jean said...

Me again, beautiful card. Sweet image and great backing papers.
Thanks for joining us over at Sheep Ski Designs.
Hope to see you again.
Jean xx

Lin said...

Wow Gorgeous. Love the beautifully coloured image and it matches to perfection that pretty background paper. Fabulous!

Thanks for sharing in our square cards challenge.

Lin
Dream Valley

JanR said...

Lovely! Such a sweet image. I wouldn't have know that was faux stitching if you hadn't mentioned it. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches.
~Owner/DT Janis

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Let’s Craft and Create challenge 126, Hazel, DT x

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely creation, great image. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

MagsB said...

I love Wendy's images, too! I love the colouring on your fab card! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley, and I apologise that my comment is late.

love Mags B x

Rachael said...

Gorgeous card Katrina - she's so pretty. So glad you joined our DT this month! Rachael DT All dressed up xx