Wednesday 8 February 2017

Counting Sheep for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


Leonie is on Hochanda TV this evening to kick off a new One Day Special - there are great offers on some previously released masks/stencils, dies and stamps.

I wanted to show you how I made my sheep picture using some of the products on offer.

To start off,  I sprayed some Stick and Spray onto the back of one of Leonie's 'Imagine' masks and positioned it on an 8x8 canvas board.

Next I made a pale blue paint by mixing Titanium White and Cobalt Blue acrylics on my craft mat and sponged it over the top two thirds of the canvas, leaving some white spaces for clouds.


 I sponged some Docrafts Artiste Acrylic 'Soft Green' over the bottom third for the grass and built a fence with one of the line stamps in the 'Doodle Drops' stamp set - I used scrap paper to mask off part of the stamp when doing the sides and diagonal. You can see the join if you look closely but I'll be painting over this later.


Now for the sheep :o)

The Tangled Tails set has a fab stamp that you can use as the body for a sheep, but I needed to paint this shape onto my canvas first before overstamping with the pattern. I stamped the pattern onto some card and cut it out so I could use the card as a sheep mask.


I positioned this over my canvas and sponged through some Titanium White acrylic paint


Once the paint was dry I pressed my little finger into a Black Memento Ink Pad and 'stamped' the sheep heads. That took me back to my school days - I used to love finger painting :o)


The ear is one of the stamps from the 'Arrow to the Heart' set and the legs were done with the end of one of the 'Pretty Borders' stamps


Once all the sheep were done I stamped over the top of the 'Imagine' mask with various stamps


The word really pops when you take the mask off.


The flowers along the bottom were all stamped using the Tangled Tails set.



The yellow flowers were stamped with Versamark and sprinkled with yellow embossing powder, with the centre overstamped in Black Memento and white Enamel Accents added when dry.


The red flowers were stamped in Black Memento and coloured in with a Poppy red Promarker, and the tiny white flowers were filled in with a white gel pen.


I added some leaves and grass around the bottom of the fence with a leave stamp from the 'Doodle Drops' set and a black fineliner pen, painted with a mixture of Soft Green and Jungle Green paints. The fence was painted in with Burnt Umber acrylic paint.


To finish off I put the canvas in an 8x8" white picture frame.

 Leonie will be back on Hochanda tomorrow (Thursday 9th February) at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm.
You can watch Hochanda live online, Sky channel 663, Freeview 85 or Freesat 817.

My teamies have some new makes to show you too, so please visit them if you can. The links to their pages are in my sidebar   ------------------------>

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
 Stamping Sensations Animal magic
Animal Friends Challenge  #47 no designer paper 

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

This really is so very pretty and beautifully put together and coordinated, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Katrina
Your cards are fabulous... love this sheep one... just watched Leonie on Hochanda... she was in awe of it...
hugs Sylvie x

Lynne K said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the sheep! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Kuni said...

This is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni